• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I add a signature to each page of a multi-page pdf using Acrobat DC Standard?

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in an engineering firm.  We produce technical drawings which we save in pdf form.  These drawings are authenticated, stamped and signed by professional engineers.  Each sheet of the drawing set needs to display a signed and dated stamp.  Sometimes these drawing sets can be hundreds of pages long.  We'd like to add these stamps and signatures digitally and securely to the same location on each sheet.

I'd like to use the "sign" feature but it doesn't have a lot of options.  My only other thought is that I could possibly create a custom watermark that can be added to the whole document but that seems less secure.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We would also be open to purchasing some sort of add-on if there was a more custom solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A digital signature applies to the entire file as a whole. There's no reason to sign each page separately.

If you must do it, and still want to use real digital signatures (which, as you mentioned, are secure, as opposed to "wet" signatures which are just comments), then you need to do it on each page, manually. It will also balloon your file-size, as each signature maintains a copy of the original file for verification purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fair enough try67, that may well be the case in most digitally signed documents but in my industry each page of the drawing must display an engineer's signed stamp.  I guess I'm forced to use the custom watermark option then and then use the "protect" options to make the file secure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's an option... Or use a "wet" signature on the pages (those can

be relatively easily duplicated using a script, by the way) and then sign

it with an actual digital signature once. That's even more secure than

applying a security policy to the file.

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 11:45 PM, nathanr83281382 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nathan, you could add a watermark to each page and then add a digital signature at the end of your authentication workflow. That is likely the best option with Adobe. However, for batch stamping and signing, there are other tools that can also be helpful. One is a desktop solution called ConsignO that can batch apply templates of 'stamping' zones and batch apply a secure digital signature to protect the integrity of the file and confirm identity of engineer (without the application of password protection). It is used by thousands of engineers in North America that had the same challenge regarding stamping and sealing. It even takes into account date format and position if you need to apply the date on a very specific area of your seal. It would meet your need to batch automate the bulk of your drawing authentication. I have seen the software batch sign with a secure digital signature 1000 documents in less than 15 minutes. Life changer for anyone who signs and seals any amount of drawings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines