• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

syncing collections but some of them shows 0 photo on ipad

Explorer ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My catalog has many collections syncing well but for some of them I have 0 photos in the collection on my Ipad. When looking at "all photos" on iPad the pictures are there but obviously not attached to the collection.

I can see some old post describing the same problem but none of them fixed.

Any idea ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Do you still see the photos within the collections in Lr Desktop? Btw. when you remove the sync.lrdata, no photos will be deleted. When you remove this file a resync of the meta-data willbe triggere which can take some minutes for 100k assets.

You can find the  sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

Hope this helps.

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guybompais,

Please check if those images are getting synced to collections in Lightroom web Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

Also, Check out this article Problem syncing photos with Lightroom mobile to diagnose the sync issue.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

In lightroom web I have the same issue. The collections are created but show no photos but the photos are in "All files" but not attached to the collection.

The problems described in the article are not in direct relation with this issue.

What else can I try ?

Guy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This means that the images are not syncing on iPad. Please take a look at Problem syncing photos with Lightroom mobile and share the diagnostics report with us.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Your link seems to be the same than the previous one. So no solution on this way.

Not sure to understand why the problem is in the syncing on ipad as I got exactly the same result on Lightroom web and on ipad. It rather seems to me that the problem is in the synch itself where photos are syncing but not attached to collection, isn't it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide the Lightroom mobile diagnostics report?

You can trigger the log via Lightroom Desktop Preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the Alt/Option key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.

On a device running Lightroom mobile app, This report can be triggered by Long-pressing the top left LR icon within the Lightroom mobile settings.

After that, LR mobile generates a diagnostic log and opens this up within your e-mail client.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Akash,

Here are the log from desktop and from the ipad.

Regards,Guy

De : Akash Sharma <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

À : guy bompais <guybompais@yahoo.fr>

Envoyé le : Lundi 29 mai 2017 12h56

Objet : syncing collections but some of them shows 0 photo on ipad

created by Akash Sharma in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionCould you please provide the Lightroom mobile diagnostics report?You can trigger the log via Lightroom Desktop Preferences -> Lightroom Mobile and when you hold down the Alt/Option key you will notice a generate diagnostic log button.On a device running Lightroom mobile app, This report can be triggered by Long-pressing the top left LR icon within the Lightroom mobile settings.After that, LR mobile generates a diagnostic log and opens this up within your e-mail client. Thanks,Akash If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9542110#9542110 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9542110#9542110 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 04, 2017 Jun 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Akash,

Have you received the files and have you had the opportunity to check them?

Regards,Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Guy,

Please reply and attach the logs using your Browser. Last time you used your Email manager so we didn't received the attachments.

Thanks for the reminder. Looking forward for the logs.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Do you receive  the the files attached to this email ?

Regards,Guy

De : Akash Sharma <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

À : guy bompais <guybompais@yahoo.fr>

Envoyé le : Lundi 5 juin 2017 13h41

Objet : syncing collections but some of them shows 0 photo on ipad

created by Akash Sharma in Photoshop Lightroom - View the full discussionHI Guy, Please reply and attach the logs using your Browser. Last time you used your Email manager so we didn't received the attachments. Thanks for the reminder. Looking forward for the logs. Thanks,Akash If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9627260#9627260 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9627260#9627260 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Photoshop Lightroom by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2017 Jun 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about that Guy, As mentioned earlier please reply from Forums directly rather than using your Email.

See Forum FAQs

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 07, 2017 Jun 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I hope it is ok this time, is it ?

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/47fd2fc5-2786-4bc7-997f-074b7f69aecc​

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guy,

Thanks, Yes this time I've got it. Will analyse it and get back to you.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Did you found something in the log.

Guy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have sent you a private message. Please check.

Regards,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i do not received it or may be there is a special page to see private messages ?

Regards

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

I double checked and have no message from you in my inbox. Can you please send it again.

Regards,

Guy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Still nothing in my box. Can you please send it again.

Regards,

Guy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guy,

I've sent you another PM. Please check.

Sorry about the late response.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

This time I received two messages from you but both empty.

Regards,

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's something wrong with the sending PM's. Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

What I wrote was:-

As per the log report, I would like to rebuild the synced data which involves clearing up the current data.

Open Lightroom> Preferences> Lightroom mobile and select "Delete data".

Note that this will delete all the images being synced across your devices but you can resync them again.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Akash,

I would prefer not to have to resync. I have more than 100.000 photos and it takes around 72 hours to resync.

Is that the only soolution ?

Regards,

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still see the photos within the collections in Lr Desktop? Btw. when you remove the sync.lrdata, no photos will be deleted. When you remove this file a resync of the meta-data willbe triggere which can take some minutes for 100k assets.

You can find the  sync.lrdata file here:

On Mac it's at /Users/<user>/Library/Caches/Adobe/Lightroom/Sync Data/Sync.lrdata

On Win it would be at C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata

Hope this helps.

Guido

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Guido,

Thanks for this answer. It works well!! It takes longer than expected (2 hours for the first 80k and then 10 hours for the remaining 40k assets) but now everything is fine.

Guy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines