• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

transform > scale from a pre-selected origin point...how ?

Participant ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

CS6

scaling two images that I wish to match up.

set uppet to 50% opacity, edit>transform, move gunsight to where I have matched the photos so as to keep that area matched.

despite moving the gunsight icon that appears in middle of transform box to where I want the scaling to happen from, it doesnt act as the origin of the scaling. I lose my already matched part of the image.

I thought this icon could be used as scaling origin, apart from rotation origin.

How does one scale a layer from a specific origin ?

Better still, to be able to select points on one image and then their target locations on another underneath and have pshop rubber distort for best match !

That would be fantastic, so useful and a fundamental image manipulation tool. Afetr all these years of development these two requirements need to exist.

Merlin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

You have to hold the "alt" key while scaling to use the origin point.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to hold the "alt" key while scaling to use the origin point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers,

Alt key is the secret !

Now is it possible to select e.g. 4  points on the upper layer then 4 destination points on the lower layer and have pshop to marry the upper to the lower ?

Saves all the rotating and scaling to get best fit. especially where image fills the file and the transform corner boxes are inaccessible.

Merlin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines