• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you make a square video for Facebook

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't figure out how to make a square video for facebook. How do you change setting to get square instead of wide screen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davidk8242283,

Can you please tell the version of Premiere Elements you are using and on what computer operating system?

Regards,

Shrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Windows 8.1 Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidk

Premiere Elements 11 or other offers no project preset for a "square video". They are 4:3 or 16:9.

I do not use Facebook. Do you know if it uses a 16:9 player?

When it comes to upload of your Timeline to Facebook from the Premiere Elements 11 built in Facebook feature, that is a cannot do for you since it offers preset which includes 1280 x 720 (16:9).

You could export your Timeline content to a file saved to the computer hard drive. In the Premiere Elements 11 Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD, you can customize one of the MP4 presets under the Advanced Button/Video Tab. For Frame Width and Frame Height set them to give your square frame. Then upload that file to Facebook at the Facebook website.

But, we could need more details on the Facebook side and yours to determine the fate of this project....

a. Facebook player specifications

b. Properties of source for Premiere Elements Timeline

c. Project requirements for tolerance of black border or no black border

Please consider and give more details. Do not forget to mention computer operating system.

Thank you.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!!!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if it's possible to crop a video to square in Adobe Premiere Elements 14? I found how to save it square with borders around it, but would like to actually crop it square.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but you have to do some editing and make a new preset: instead of 1920x816 use 1080x1080. (all at your own risk)

In Windows explorer navigate to

C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 14

Settings

SequencePresets

PAL

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25.sqpreset

Copy/paste and rename DSLR 1080p25.sqpreset (give it an unique name)

Open Notepad (as adminstrator) and navigate to this new preset

Change 1920 and 1080 to the desired dimension (e.g. 2.35:1 is 1920x816)

in

<PreviewVideoFrameSize>0,0,1920,1080</PreviewVideoFrameSize>

and

<VideoFrameSize>0,0,1920,1080</VideoFrameSize>

If you are using non matching footage check "Force selected Project Settings on this project' in the New Project settings otherwise it will change to the dimensions of the first clip dropped in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Ann. I'll give that a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Rip Square 1:1 ratio, you need to copy a phone, rip the video as a .MOV file from Premier Pro.  I am doing a video for Tasty and some other product photo and video assignments and I had to figure this out.  I noticed phones upload to Instagram using .mov so I am taking that lead.

square output.jpg

[personal info deleted by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted export settings from Premiere Pro. Premiere Elements in which forum we are now cannot do this.

If you want to use these settings in Pr. they are not the correct settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you change your settings on whatever you're shooting with? My phone allows for 1:1 ratio on video. Seems like the easiest thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Though it is possible to post typical 16x9 and other formats for Facebook ads, I believe the general user is limited in posting to their timeline or wall to a default size. A better method is to post the video on youtube or some such and then post the link on FB. Then it opens in the format you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines