• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't allocate 0.002MB of memory?

Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this ridiculous error every couple days or so with CC0215.3. Any guesses what triggers it and why it can't find 2K of free RAM?? (This is a Mac Pro (Late 2013) with 64GB of RAM!)

Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 12.00.29PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2017 Feb 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an error I've seen here on these forums for years. It is caused by different things.

Here is one example that was fixed with the 12.2 update (CC 2014.2) and here is an example where messing with a preferences setting fixed it.

What are your memory settings in your preferences?

Some people have found that CC 2017 has fewer of these errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are my memory settings in CC2015.3

Screen Shot 2017-02-15 at 12.57.33 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, everything looks good there. You might try unchecking that box. I've seen it alternatively help or hinder to have it checked - depending on the whimsies of the fates, it would seem.

This error is certainly a frustrating one! There have been a number of causes, some still remaining unfixed. That being said, your issue may be fixed in the latest release. Remember, you can install new versions without removing your older version. (Just make sure to go into the "Advanced Options" to untick the "remove old versions" box.) So, you might just dip your toes into the new version to see if it behaves better for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got this error again, but this time with 2017.2... this time, it can't allocate 0.000 MB of memory!  Duuuuuhhhh okaaaaay...

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 12.32.03 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's really frustrating. I know the AE team is aware of these messages popping up when they shouldn't be. Filing a bug report would likely help them narrow it down for a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There was a bug fix update today that is supposed to fix some memory issues. I believe this issue is fixed too.

See the Adobe blog post for more information: A June 2017 Update to After Effects CC Is Now Available | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Please let us know if it works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines