• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

sony rx 10 mk 3 - lens metadata is incorrectly displayed

New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have installed the very latest version of adobe lightroom. i can view arw files from the new rx 10 mk 3. but the lens information

is wildly inaccurate. for example, i took an image at the maximum range of 600mm. lightroom displays it as 219.76!

i find this frustrating as i have no reference, other than my memory as to what mm i was zoomed at. it is not just lightroom that does this.

i have tested a trial version of capture on pro, specifically for sony cameras, and the metadata in capture reads as 220mm when i am

zoomed in to 600mm.

anyone have any idea what is the reason for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 600 mm setting that you see on the lens barrel is a 35mm equivalent. But since the sensor in the camera is smaller than 35mm film it doesn't take that long of a lens to create the 600 mm telephoto effect. So Lightroom is reporting the actual focal length. I think if you go to the metadata section in the library module of Lightroom and look at exif data section there is a 35mm equivalent field that will tell you what you are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have looked there already and it says the same thing, that is it around 220mm for a 600mm shot. granted what you say about the lens

size, but i still don't understand why it has no correlation with the zoom settings on the lens. in the display on the camera it tells you what the zoom setting is. the same data error is also shown in capture one pro which is supposed to be set up for sony's cameras. this is the only camera i've ever used that any raw program displays the wrong lens information. i sent a message to sony, heard nothing about why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i have looked at the exif data on the camera itself after i have taken at shot at 600mm, its also shows it as 220mm rather than 600mm.

only in the live display do you see (in the top right) the actual zoom setting of 600mm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines