• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radial Filters - No Whites or Blacks

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have begin using radial filters to apply selective lighting/exposure to portions of my pictures.  I recently watched a tutorial on this concept (Dodge & Burning) and according to the video I watched you should increase the exposure slightly, and apply whites.  When I select radial filter whites are not an available option, they are in the panel below which effects the entire picture, not what's in the radial filter.  I'm using Lightroom v. 6.10.

Any comments or suggestions on this are welcome.  Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a link to the tutorial you are referencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image you are editing is not using the most current Process, 2012. Go into the Camera Calibration section and change the Process: to 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom it always shows 2012 (current).  Is there something with the format of my pictures that's not allowing whites and blacks?  I'm shooting raw on a Nikon D7200.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the panel look like this?

Radial Filter 2012.PNG

Or like this?

Radial Filter 2010.PNG

Top SS is with 2012 Process and bottom is 2010 Process.

did you use any Nikon software on these images prior to importing them into LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 8.15.59 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the latest version 6 doesn't include all the functionality of the cloud version.  Very dissapointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup. You just found out yourself.

Compare Your Options: The Differences Between Lightroom 6 vs. CC | ProDesignTools

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found out (as some have mentioned) that Adobe doesn't support the licensed version of Lightroom like it does cc.  The only updates they provide are bug fixes and camera profiles.

I think that's a terrible business model.  Adobe puts out training videos and many items they cover are not supported in the current version 6, only in cc.  It all feels very misleading to me.  I would expect to get all updates until the next major release came out.  I'm going to explore plug-ins in order to fill the gap in functionality.  First plug-in on my list is white and black sliders for radial filters and brushes.

My Office suite gets all of the updates (not just bug fixes), as do my Apple software products.  I have no interest in subscription software (especially at $9.99 a month) and at some point this may become a reason for leaving Lightroom behind and finding a replacement product.

Some of you may find this a good deal, but I have no need for much of what is bundled in the cloud version, and if you ever cancel you are left with an application that no longer works, as opposed to keeping a licensed version even after a new major update is released for sale.

Sorry about the rant, but I was a little disappointed when I realized the reality that current licensed software doesn't receive all the functionality updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This information was available two years ago when the Adobe Photography Plan was released and the LR 5 version was updated to the LR 6 version.

It is not something that ha s been released recently.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has been Adobe's business model since the company was formed. No new "Features" were included in any updates of any Adobe software until a "Newer" version was release. It was like that with LR 1 through LR 5 and continues into LR 6.

Only if you subscribe to one of the CC plans do you get "New Features" as they are added to the base program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines