• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to copy a 3D extrusion layer and change text?

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For context, I'm new to Photoshop so bear with me. I've searched around the web and tutorials but this question is very specific and I can't seem to put the answer together.

Essentially, I want to take a simple 3D box with text on the front of it e.g. "Stop" and create another box with the exact same dimensions and properties with the word "Start" on it. This seems like it should be easy to do but with my limited skill set, the only way I can see to get text on the box is to create a rectangle, type the text, merge the layers then create a 3D object.  At this point, I can't change the text even if I duplicate the layer.

Is there a general best practice for how to re-use 3D layers that I'm missing or perhaps a direct way to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Did you go through this thread?

how to edit text that already turned into 3D

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go through this thread?

how to edit text that already turned into 3D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In CC you can duplicate 3D objects (from within the same scene, not referring to 3D layers) by right clicking and select "Duplicate Objects".

As long as you created the 3D object from editable type, you should be able to select the 3D object from the 3D panel, and go into the Properties panel and select "Edit Source". Then type a new word.

Here's a tutorial on 3D and text:
Chrome 3D Text Using Image Based Lights In Photoshop - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines