• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

batch processing

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am quite new to Photoshop and using CC 2017. I have a circle .png image and I want to put around it a colorful ring. I make for this 2 circles surrounding circle image and a make form substract at overlapping and apply some gradient to resulting ring. I merged all layers and i save this work as a transparent PNG and looks ok.

I created an action with all these steps to apply to 500 similar pictures. The problem is that the result of batch processing is quite different. No outer ring!! What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Are all the images you Batch identical in pixel dimensions and resolution?

Please post screenshots illustrating the steps and of the complete expanded Action in the Actions Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all the images you Batch identical in pixel dimensions and resolution?

Please post screenshots illustrating the steps and of the complete expanded Action in the Actions Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know how to save action steps in text format. tried a screen shoot but is to big.

i did:

- i started recording

- i selected a circle area then select inverse and cut in order to have just my circle;

- i created another 2 layers with 2 different circle with the same center as my image circle

- i combined shapes of last 2 circles in order to get a ring.

- after this i had 2 layers, one with circle image and another with ring

- i applied a gradient to ring and rasterized the ring layer

- i merged the layers

- i saved as transparent PNG

- i stopped recording

saved file is perfect. but after applying batch all files has no outer ring!

Edit: should I rasterize all layers before merging?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post a screenshot of the image before flattening with the pertinent Panels visible?

When you disable the last three steps of the Action when Batching are the Layers as expected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

above is a screenshoot. the outer ring with a gradient dissapears after batch processing2017-05-27 11_20_35-CompatWindow.jpg

below is what results

2017-05-27 11_35_44-CompatWindow.png

instead of being on the outer side, my gradient ring is inside and looking awkard!

what I did wrong??

if I save as PNG all the files individually they look perfect. only after Automate processing they look as above. I cannot do this as I have thousands of icons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont know why my post is tagged ANSWERED since there is no helpful answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You did not post the screenshots I had asked for.

Anyway your Action my be unnecessarily convoluted, why not use »Insert Path« (for the final complete Path) instead of using the Ellipse Tool etc. in the Action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines