Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem aligning camera movement between AE and C4D

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried exporting a camera from AE to C4D and imported the file with my 3D object back into after effects. I made sure the comp size and frame rate match.

Somehow, the 3d object I put in the comp is "traveling" horizontally and does not stick to a point on the ground.

When this didn't work, I tried tracking the entire comp with the 3d tracker and then added the 3d object back into the scene and the problem remained. What am I doing wrong?

The landscape was made using GeoLayers and MIR - perhaps this is a part of the issue? although when I tracked it in a precomp with a 3d tracker my logic tells me After Effects should analyze it the same way it analyzes any video file.

Here is a video of the problem:

3D Landscape RENDER - Vidme

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a result of crooked filmback and camera zoom settings. Without knowing your exact settings nobody can tell you much. It would be more useful to actually show screenshots.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium - see above - I mistakenly replied to my own post. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your Cinema 4D project has no real actual camera and that is that. You have to create one and us its information or else AE will simply use the default scene camera with its 35mm stock filmback, which not necessarily will be appropriate for your setup.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok, I will give this a try this week. Many many thanks for your help! Truly appreciate you taking the time  and effort.

I'll let you know if it worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oy... I have no idea how to solve the camera issue. I tried playing with the camera's settings in both softwares but probably doing it wrong!

Here is what I have now:

1. camera settings in AE

2. Camera tracker

3. choosing the comp camera distorts my building

4. just added a camera into the c4d file like you suggested

Thanks again!

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 1.11.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-31 at 1.12.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-31 at 1.12.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-31 at 1.15.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David C,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-05-30 at 6.00.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-05-30 at 5.57.11 AM.png

Hi Mylenium,

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer!

Here are screenshots of both AE and C4D - any other required?

I also had an experiment where I didn't import the camera into C4D, just used the 3d object, but the result was the same.

I am by no means an expert on C4D but perhaps the problem is caused because of the way Geolayers is structured? when I did import the camera, (as seen in the screenshot above) I did not see the camera was imported into C4D, just null objects. When I scroll down the timeline, although the frame changes, the coordinates stay the same. I'm sure I'm just looking at the wrong thing.

All this does not explain however, why the problem still existed when I just tracked the file with the 3d tracker (I did not create a video file, just used a precomp of the geolayers comp).

Hope the problem is simpler then that!

Many thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines