• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radio Buttons in HTMLHelp

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2008 Sep 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently working on a project wherein I need to use radio button. However, I am experiencing a page cannot be displayed issue once I compile the project, launch the chm file, select a radio button and click on the submit button. Compiling the project on WebHelp does not give the same result. The radio button works perfectly fine. Is this a product limitation with RoboHelp for HTML? I really need to use this button. Can somebody please help me? Is there any tweak that I need to do in order to make the radio button work on a chm file? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2008 Sep 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kirsten10 and welcome to the RH community.
Can you tell us what the Submit button is doing in relation to the radio button as this sounds like it is the issue. Radio buttons are not known to be an issue. It sounds like you have some sort of form containing radio buttons that users have to submit. If that is the case, check the path on the submit script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kirsten,

Colum is right in that it is your script on the submit button. It is interesting that it works when you compile to webHelp but not to a CHM. I work exclusively in CHM files, so I don't know why it might work in one and not the other. I don't use a submit button with radio buttons in chm files but I only use radio buttons for variable text within a topic.

In your true code, you should have a <INPUT TYPE=BUTTON NAME="Submit" ... ONCLICK="scriptname">
Find the 'scriptname' function in your topic and let us know what it says. Also what you'd like to have happen when the user clicks 'Submit.'

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies. What I am trying to do is if you click the "Submit" button, you will send your input to a new page. I really can't figure out where the problem lies as it works perfectly fine with WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try looking at the link again and the location of the CHM file in relation to it. If you generate your webhelp to a different location maybe that is the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forms can be handled very differently on the web and in a chm file. If you want you can send me your topic and I'll have a look at it. Perhaps, I'll be able to make some recommendations. Click on my name to send email.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have managed to solve my issue through my husband's help. LOL. Thanks a lot for the attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kirsten10.
Do you mind letting us all know the solution? It would help others in the future with a similar issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Here's the solution;

<title>First Topic</title>

<link rel=stylesheet href=default.css>
<script>
/**
* checkButton function
* check which button is checked inside the form
* then go to page based on the radio button's value
* @param null
* @return string buttonvalue
*/
function checkButton() {
// get number of radio button inside myform
var num_buttons = this.myform.radio.length;

// loop through each button
for (i = 0; i < num_buttons; i++){
// check if...ehrmm..checked
if(this.myform.radio .checked == true){
// get page
mypage = this.myform.radio
.value;
}
}
// redirect
location.href(mypage);
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<robohelp><form name='myform'>
</robohelp>
<h1>First Topic</h1>
<p><input type=radio name=radio value='Submit_1.htm'>Button 1</p>
<p><input type=radio name=radio value='Submit_2.htm'>Button 2</p>
<p><input type=radio name=radio value='Submit_3.htm'>Button 3</p>

<p> </p>
<p><input type=button name=submit value='Click Me' onClick='javascript:checkButton()';></p>
<p> </p>
</body>
</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp