• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with scaling

New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so when Im in priemer pro and I move the footage to after effect, it's scaled way in and I can't scale it out. What settings do I have to change?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so when Im in priemer pro and I move the footage to after effect, it's scaled way in and I can't scale it out. What settings do I have to change?

show us exactly what you mean by "scaled way in" with screenshots of your full Ae interface vs Premiere interface

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

18788239_10158720080710521_482050334_n.jpg18834306_10158720081250521_40452733_n.jpgSo the 1st pic is in pro and the 2nd pic is what it scales to in after.

Ive never ran into this problem before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

interesting. in premiere you have a nested sequence, what is inside it? do you have any premiere effect's applied inside the nested sequence? something probably is getting lost in the translation to Ae.

I can't reproduce this problem. try to isolate this problem and reproduce it in a fresh sequence and then tell us the steps to recreate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the sequence is playing  in reverse and speed ramped. I had to nest it to use stabilizer on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to move it to AE so I could add text with the 3D camera tracker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in Ae click twice on the precomp, find the clip that scales so much and see what's wrong with its settings. what I see is happening is that if you copy a clip with warp stabilizer to Ae, then Ae starts the stabilizing process all over again and does not respect the effect settings you had in premiere. check into that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I clicked twice on the precomp in Ae and it went back to normal size. Why would it do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now it gave me a error. Cached preview of negative time stretched layer is not supported

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure what is going on. like I wrote before, it's something to do with the translation between some effects you have in premiere and Ae. you need to isolate the problem by eliminating different factors (effects, time stretch etc.) and then you will find the cause. when you do, share it with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the issue, I'd recommend duplicating your clip up a track (Alt+Drag Clip Up) and doing a "Render and Replace" in Premiere to Quicktime ProRes or similar so that you burn in your time reverse and scaling on your duplicated clip. From there you should be able to send to After Effects without these issues.

-Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good point on rendering the segment in premiere, this may be required since some of the effects won't pass through smoothly. bare in mind that render and replace (clip->render and replace) won't work for nested sequences, just for clips. if you want the whole sequence, you could export from the project panel to a video file and re-import it, and use that as a DL in Ae.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there ChadE,

Have you solved this issue yet? Did you do anything our experts recommended?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your workflow is flawed from the start. If you need to Warp Stabilize (completely different than stabilize) the footage and then do other things to the footage the only sensible option for a shot that is more than a couple of seconds long is to run warp stabilize on the footage separately, render a digital intermediate to a lossless format and then do the rest of your processing on the repaired footage. If the shot is only a couple of seconds long you can get away with putting the footage in a separate composition, running warp stabilizer on the footage, and then using that comp as a layer in your main comp. Any footage that you have applied warp stabilizer to should be in it's own comp with no other effects applied or other layers in the comp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines