• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recurring issue exporting composition as text template

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2016 Dec 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects will not even give me the option to export that, whether I try under the compositions tab or the files tab. I am making new text layers in an old after effects file from Version 11.0.4 (Windows 64) that converts to the file supported by the version of After Effects that I am using (After Effects CC 2017.0 Release Version 14.0.1.5). I am able to make new text layers in After Effects and animate them along with the original elements of the file I'm using but when I attempt to convert it to a text template to be able to edited in Premiere, it does not give me the option. I have tried several different options to try and find a way to be able to export as a text template but I am unable to in this file. When I created a new file in After Effects just to see if I could get it to work, it had no issue exporting the text template. Is it because of the old file type? Will I have to recreate this composition from scratch in the new version of After Effects?

Apologies if I worded things incorrectly or didn't provide enough info! I'm a newbie when it comes to After Effects and I'm just trying to get the text file template to work.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also using After Effects on a Mac, in case that affects anything. I've never had issues rendering this composition from my current version of After Effects but it just won't allow me to export as a text template despite me creating new text layers in the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That feature is now automatic. The only way to make a text layer NOT editable in Premiere Pro is to lock it in the Comp.

It might be a good idea to read up on the new features in CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Rick! I was reading up on the updates in CC 2017 and it says I should just be able to "choose Composition > Export Composition As Text Template" and import it into Premiere. I am able to do that when I create a brand new composition unrelated to the one that I am working on, but when I attempt to export the composition I want to use, the option is greyed out/I am unable to do it. I was wondering why there was an issue with this and thought it might be related to the fact that it's a file from Windows/an old version of After Effects that I then convert to the current version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2017 Jan 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sarahpamerica,

Sorry to hear of your troubles, but it looks like you got close to solving your issue. What did you end up doing? Please let us know. Thanks ever so much!

Kind regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could work around this issue temporarily by changing the composition name, but I can only export once and the problem appears again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HAVE THE SAMW ISSUE! HELP ME?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem Screenshot 2017-05-24 21.26.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of After Effects replaces this text template thing with a whole new, much more powerful thing called Motion Graphics Templates. It's much better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is that located on the menu? Because my menu doesn't even have it as an option.

Screen Shot 2017-05-28 at 7.41.20 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That option is not present in newer versions of After Effects. It has been replaced with the more powerful motion graphic template feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

where can i access this motion graphic template feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2017 Feb 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue. I'm using CC 2017 on Windows 10, and my text layers are unlocked. Still, Export Composition as Text Template is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC 2017 uses a different thing called "aecap" file to make templates in Premiere Pro. See the details on this page and there were some fixes to it in 14.1, so make sure you're running the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 11, 2017 Mar 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option to create an "aecap" is grayed out for my Composition with unlocked text layers. The comp also includes masked solids, shy layers and a solid layer with the effect "Saber" by Video Copilot linked to the text. Can anyone tell me why the option is unavailable? Can anyone provide a link with documented limitations of the linked text templates? I've searched, but haven't found anything too descriptive about the feature.

Windows 10 and AE 2017 are both up to date.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have run into this issue. I hope that there is an answer. Its greyed out.

• I have tried to re-save with different file name.
  • Change drive location

Adobe 2017 - Mac with Sierra- I do believe this file was originally written on a PC with CC2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines