• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CPU and GPU upgrade 2017

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently built a new setup that is just not strong enough for 4k video editing:

i7 - 6700k

64 Gb RAM

Z170x designare MB

980 ti GPU

And now I'm thinking of switching to X99, possibly a 6900k processor with the 1080ti. However, some tests on the internet tell me that my current processor is actually the fastest (besides the 7700) for rendering previews and after effects work and processors with more cores actually will not be faster at all. After Effects is supposed to better optimised for the 6700 en 7700 processors.

What is the current status? Will my upgrade to the X99 with a 6900k be a step forward? What can I expect? (render preview times, scrubbing and render times)

Is it the GPU or CPU upgrade I can expect the most from?

I'm looking for the best solution for Premiere and After Effects. Thanks in advance for everyone that takes the time to tell me his or her experience/advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can I expect?

In so many words: Zero. Many of these limitations are inherent in how in particular AE works and well, to be direct, you are leaving out a very critical part by ignoring file I/O or internal memory bandwidth. Even the fastest processors and GPUs can only do so much on your PCI bus just like even the fastest SSDs offer only so much transfer bandwidth. There simply are physical limits to all this. so for what it's worth, your money might be better invested into a holidy cruise or whatever. You simply cannot coerce AE with hardware.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Are you basically telling me to look at memory bandwith for performance upgrades instead of CPU/GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi studiowing,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines