Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redirecting to a function within a DLL

Sep 24, 2008 Sep 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the online Help file I created, I have a custom button that links to an external web page and opens in a separate Browser. I've currently got a redirect.htm file that triggers this action.

Instead, I'd like to link to a function within a DLL file. This function opens a dialog box that displays our knowledge base. I can't link directly to the knowledge base because product mgmt doesn't want the address to display in the browser.

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this?

Thanks so much for your help. Everyone who has replied to my past queries has been a great help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I should say first of all that I am not a programmer so I quantify what follows with a large pinch of salt. However what you are trying to achieve is similar to using a context sensitive help call. The only difference is that it is coming from the application rather than a user. So I'm wondering whether you could set-up a context sensitive help call within the DLL using a mapid?

Amm willing for others to pipe in and tell me I'm way off the radar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp