• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts won't show up in Character panel after sync

Participant ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm learning the ropes with After Effects and am on Chapter 3 of the book Adobe After Effects CC 2017 release. I synced my fonts as instructed on page 64 in the text, however when I try to select that font in the Character panel it is nowhere to be found. I synced Calluna Sans regular and bold on the web page that File> Add Fonts to Typekit took me to. I saved my work and restarted my project in case that was the issue and it wasn't. I'll move on using a different font for now but I would like to resolve this issue as I am learning this new program and plan on taking an Adobe certification exam. Anybody can help please let me know as I would like to be able to do the labs in their entirety. Thank you,

Chris

[Moved from the Lounge (which is where you can "connect with your peers" from across all of Adobe's products for conversations that don't directly relate to help and support) to a product-specific support forum - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

They show up now. They didn't sync right away. Thanks for responding. I need to create a new post because I can't set the Blurs/Evaporate animation as per the book Adobe After Effects CC 2017 release from Peach Pit Press. In chapter two I was able to do this but now I'm getting this message when I try to import from Bridge.

Version is 14.2.0.198, I am running Windows 10 Home, I have a Haswell E CPU 5820 and 32 GB or RAM in a quad channel configuration with an Asus STRIX gaming motherboard, and In

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What book are you going through?

Have you restarted After Effects?

What, exact, version number of After Effects are you using? (For CC 2017, it should be something like 14.x.x)

What operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They show up now. They didn't sync right away. Thanks for responding. I need to create a new post because I can't set the Blurs/Evaporate animation as per the book Adobe After Effects CC 2017 release from Peach Pit Press. In chapter two I was able to do this but now I'm getting this message when I try to import from Bridge.

Version is 14.2.0.198, I am running Windows 10 Home, I have a Haswell E CPU 5820 and 32 GB or RAM in a quad channel configuration with an Asus STRIX gaming motherboard, and Intel HHHL SSD and an AMD 8GB Radeon RX 480 STRIX graphics card so I should have plenty of horsepower to run the Adobe Suite. Let me know if I should start a new thread for this issue. I've also deleted my preferences on startup as per the book's instruction.

Can

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad your fonts are syncing properly. And I see that you found your answer to the FFX issue in this thread: After Effects error: Can't import file "xxx.ffx": unsupported filetype or extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is going to be a steep learning curve. i'll keep using Filmora and Power Point for my projects while I'm learning the Adobe suite. Thank you.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines