• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to turn my layers into a composition they lose their settings

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when ever I try and crate a composition of multiple layers all of their settings get reset for example I have a 2 minute song and I've shortened and slid it but when I try to make a new composition out of all of the edited layers all of them get reset

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait... you're using AFTER EFFECTS to edit audio?  Ugh. 

Give yourself a break -- do it in Adobe audition, which is a real-live audio editor, and it's easy to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean they get "reset"? What things are you talking about? If you're moving all attributes into the precomp, everything should stay the same.

But...if you're just editing audio, I agree with Dave; DON'T use AE for that. It is not built for it at all. Use Audition (which is included in a CC subscription) or use one of the many free audio editors out there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Keeghan,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines