• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR won't delete files from disk

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I try and delete files from the disk a box pops up and simply says files could not be moved to the trash.

I can delete files from the catalog - good. I NEED to be able to delete files from the disk within LR. With no explanation as to why it can't delete files from the disk I don't know how to fix it.

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Here's a thread from lightroomforums.net about this issue - see if suggestions there help you resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi linnyjo, I'm not sure I know the answer to this, but try this: go outside of Lightroom to the folder where these files are (an easy way to get there is to right-click on one of these images in Lightroom and choose Show in Finder or Show in Explorer. Then out there see if the folder is set to Read Only or Read and Write - right-click on the folder and choose Properties on Windows or Get Info on Mac. If it's set to Read Only, change it to Read and Write and then try your delete again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Sadly, I already checked and have read/write access to the folders. I cannot figure this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a thread from lightroomforums.net about this issue - see if suggestions there help you resolve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines