• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 14.2 Scripts Folder Alias is Broken

Explorer ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to happen on a regular basis with the major AE updates where folder aliases in the scripts folder no longer resolve so they don't show up in the scripts menu. This is pretty crippling to my team since we rely on a shared library of scripts in our studio dropbox. Has this been logged as a bug yet? It is an issue in both OSX 10.11 and 10.12. Would be great if this could get fixed asap.

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this has been logged because I don't work for Adobe, but I don't recall anybody saying they were going to file it as a bug. When you say it's broken, could you go into a bit more detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean that if I make an alias to a folder full of scripts (in this case, a shared dropbox folder), it doesn't resolve the alias and none of those scripts show up in the scripts menu. To run any of my studio's shared scripts I now have to click on "run script file" and navigate to the script. It's a real productivity killer. This isn't the first time this has been an issue in a release of AE. It happened when AE2014 came out, and was fixed sometime later. I just hope they are aware of it and fix it soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make sure they are aware of it by filing a bug report here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I just filed a report. I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses dropbox to share scripts among a team, and everyone else I work with is having the same issue, so fingers crossed they get the memo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of aliases, how about symlinks? See this blog post from Zack Lovatt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobertJF,

Did you try some of the things in the article that Szalam linked you to? Looks like that might solve your issue. Please let us know if it does.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Kevin - to piggy back, the linked article is very helpful but does not address all issues. For instance, why do user presets (in the User>Documents folder on a Mac) not show up in preset searches when using symlinked folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines