• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Second monitor cursor dragging (jumpy) over pallets

Explorer ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run a 2-monitor system with the latest Mac OS 10.12.5 (iMac late 2015, 3.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16gb ram) and the current Adobe InDesign 2017 software. I keep my pallets on the second monitor (Viewsonic VX2370). I have had the setup for about a year. The second monitor is connected to the iMac with an Insigniaâ„¢ - Mini DisplayPort-to-HDMI Adapter to an HDMI cable.

When I move my cursor over to a pallet to select something it gets really hesitant, draggy or jumpy. It's frustrating to move into the pallet area as it delays the movement of the cursor. Once I am out of the pallet area on the second monitor or move the cursor to the main monitor it moves as it should.

I have changed the settings for the monitor in the preferences which doesn't change the problem. I have researched the problem on the web and haven't found anything related to the problem.

I have been through all the Mac OS updates since I purchased the iMac in June 2016. I don't have any cursor dragging with any other software only Adobe. I use InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator the most with all 3 doing the same thing.

I am asking if anyone has had this problem or knows of a solution.

Thank you,

Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick Soldin,

If I get you query correctly, while using pallets on second screen cursor is  jumping on  InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop?

Try turning off GPU performance .

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the GPU off for a couple of weeks while Apple fixed the video problem that was related Adobe problems. Turning it on and off doesn't make a difference in the movement of the cursor.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick Soldin,

Could you please confirm which graphic card you are using and when it was last updated ?

Regards

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Srishti,

My iMac has the Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB in it.

Thanks,

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines