• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't get Adobe Flash Player pop up off my Mac dashboard

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_3031.JPGI upgraded to Flash player 25.0.0.171 on my Mac Book Pro (Version 10.12.4) using Safari. Download apparently successful. But I am left with an Adobe download screen on top of my dashboard - blocking functions on dashboard. Can't get rid of it. Clicking "close" and "shrink" icons doesn't work.  And why is it happening? And can anyone help me get it off my screen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Yes, I understood the original post.  When taking a screenshot in the method I posted the file is automatically saved to the Desktop (see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361​) .  If you don't see it on the Desktop, it should be accessible, using Finder at ~/Users/YourUserID/Desktop.

Is it possible that you accidentally created the Dashboard widget from the browser page that happens to be the Flash Player Download page?  The widget on the bottom left of the screen is most likely hiding the +

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not seen the behaviour you describe before.  For official Flash player installers, that screen displays in the browser, but your screenshot is fuzzy and I can't tell if that's a browser window or not, although it doesn't look like one.  I'd like to get a better view of the contents of the window. Please do the following to take a screenshot of the window:

1. Shift + Command + 4
  2. Drag the cursor to where you'd like to start one of the corners of the screenshot and press down and drag the mouse over the area you'd like to capture.
  3. Release your mouse
  4. The screenshot will be saved on your Desktop (file name is usually date & time)
  5. Attach the new screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. It’s a photo of the computer taken by my cell phone. Am trying the screen shot but I dont see it automatically saving on the desk top. The screen is displaying on the dashboard screen that all mac’s have - where you normally find a calculator, date/measurement/temp converter, and other like tools . Will try the screenshot again. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screenshot will most likely not display in the dashboard view.  You'll need to go to the Desktop view.  Alternatively, using Finder, go to ~/Users/YourUserID/Desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I wasn’t clear. My original image that I posted was a photo, taken with my cell phone, of the mac dashboard where the problematic “Adobe Flash Player Download” appears. That’s why it is blurry. The Flash Player screen does not appear in any browser window, only when I go to the dashboard. (I agree it’s very odd.) You want me to take a screen shot of this screen. When I take the screen shot, I get the camera click. But the resultant image does not appear on my desktop. But if I open a MS Word doc, I can paste it onto that page. I presume at some point a DIFFERENT preference has been set. And I don't know how to change it. So sorry. Very grateful for your continuing help. But I am not very skilled in all this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understood the original post.  When taking a screenshot in the method I posted the file is automatically saved to the Desktop (see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361​) .  If you don't see it on the Desktop, it should be accessible, using Finder at ~/Users/YourUserID/Desktop.

Is it possible that you accidentally created the Dashboard widget from the browser page that happens to be the Flash Player Download page?  The widget on the bottom left of the screen is most likely hiding the +- buttons enabling the creation/deletion of widgets.  Move this widget elsewhere on the screen.  Are the +- signs visible?  If so, click the - button, an 'x' will display in the upper left of each widget.  Click on the 'x' to delete the widget.  For information on creating, and deleting, widgets see Mac Basics: Dashboard gives you quick access to frequently used info - Apple Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for your perseverance. That was it. I had accidentally created a Dashboard widget from the browser page. Managed to delete it with the link you gave me.

Very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.  Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines