Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor LR-performance

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR-friends.

My LR is getting slower and slower over time. To overcome this I decided to spend some money on my hardware...  but still slow...why?

I upgraded the graphics card to a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti / PCIe - no significant improvement

Then I decided to change motherboard (Asus H270-PRO), processor (Intel i7-7700 4.2 GHz) and memory (64GB DDR4 2400MHz) ... I kept my SSD and Windows 10-installation - but still no boost of performance.

For example;

When I open/change image the right tools panel is redrawn, I am able to see the tiles drawn.

When I am using filters for adjustments with my Wacom (or mouse) I can draw and when I am done the effect of the filter is shown... I have to wait to see what effect the adjustment had to my image... when I have lots of adjustments this is really annoying, draw - wait - draw - wait... ops, undo and redraw - wait...

What’s wrong? I believe I have Close to the fastest h/w currently available... the CPU utilization isn’t high while working within LR... why?

I am eager to get this resolved... should I do a Clean install of my computer?

Tomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are doing a lot of brushing and/or spot healing, this is a known issue in Lightroom. In my opinion, you have reached a limitation of the non-destructive editing paradigm in Lightroom, and also a limitation of your hardware to do the calculations in "real time".

Some things you can try:

1. Turn the GPU acceleration off (brushing and spot healing actually get slower with the GPU acceleration on)
  2. In Lightroom, do the brushing/spot healing as the next to last editing step, and the last editing step would be to turn on the lens corrections and transformations
  3. Do the brushing/spot healing in Photoshop Elements or Photoshop
  4. Normally I say get a faster CPU, but it seems like you have a very fast CPU (for anyone else reading along, increasing CPU speed will improve this problem, but I can't say if it will improve enough to make the problem go away)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer!

1) I tested to disable the GPU... when I adjust the Tone Curve with or without the GPU... its sooo slow... no big difference
2) ok, I usually do the brushing as the last step... 3) Photoshop might be an alternative but I would slow down my image processing... I usually have 100+ images each time...

4) yep, I Think I got Close to the fastest CPU on the market right now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

wrote

Thanks for your answer!

1) I tested to disable the GPU... when I adjust the Tone Curve with or without the GPU... its sooo slow... no big difference

But the point was to test the brushing/spot healing, not the Tone Curve, with the GPU off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines