Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Duplicate Search Results

Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with an index and search. The index works without a problem. The search is another matter. When I enter a keyword - I get duplicates of all pages where the keyword can found. The first opens a page but the second bring up the standard page cannot be found message.

Has anyone come across this before and if yes, how can it be fixed? I'm reaching the point where I'd like to turn off Search and just use the Index and TOC....but this smacks of defeatism!

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

U

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, jguild

Actually, that's the approach I always took! Well, sort of. What I did was to generate WebHelp where I used the Search image in my skin for the Index. User clicked what they *THOUGHT* was Search. What they got was the Index!

Anyhoo. This question has appeared several times in the past. See if the thread linked below helps any.
Click here to read the thread

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for the response. I think I'll opt for the quick fix afor now and use the index as 'search'. While I continue to research.

Regards
jguild

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp