• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Language

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pls let me know how can an application use different language outputs with different source file. If I have source files in English and Chinese, what are the parameters which are used so that a user can select any language from the application.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sonal

I suppose it would be possible to have a single project with Chinese and English topics. But I would think it would be simpler to have two separate projects. One in English and one in Chinese.

Either way you slice it, you will still need to end up with two separate help files. One in English and one in Chinese. Then your developer calls the right help file for the language being used in the application.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hit the problem with having one project in two languages while dealing with another thread recently.

The topic title, not the topic heading, cannot have conditional tags applied or use variables. When the user searches, it is the topic title they see so you would have to change that manually every time you generate in the second language.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2008 Sep 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If I could just add to what Peter said--if you're changing the topic titles from one language to another in between generating your SSL, you'll have more and more work the more topics you have in your project. Probably not worth the time it would take.

Note that your project can have only one language selected at a time, so you'd have to change the project language before generating, too.

--Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp