• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 and x5

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2008 Sep 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have files from client that uses RoboHelp x5... can I use Robohelp 7 to create help files for client without creating backward compatibility issues for client when files returned?

Thanks

TH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

You definitely cannot. The code is completely different.

You may see a post saying you can. Wait until you try to save the changes you make after going back to X5. Tiny little problem, they will not save. Don't go there.

Sorry but one of you has to change.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you... that is what I thought.

My corporate office is informing me that they can not find x5 for purchase. Is it still available for purchase?

Thanks,

TH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would not think any reputable software supplier would still be shipping it.

Be wary of any other source. Maybe they used the copy of X5 to purchase an upgrade so I think they would not be able to sell that as they are still technically using it. That assumes it is a genuine copy in the first place.

You may find cracked copies but apart from the legality, you never know what you may catch from that.

Can your client not uninstall a copy they have and let you use that?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

In addition to my colleague Peter's fabulous advice, why is it not an option to upgrade all to the latest version 7? I think you would find there are many useful and compelling features that would save time over the long haul.

Just pondering out loud... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you again and for pondering out loud. That may be what we need to do.

TH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp