• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant' upload PDF in Robohelp 6

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2008 Sep 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled and then reinstalled Robohelp 6 and I still am not able to upload a PDF file. Several months ago I was able to upload them, it took quite a while, but now I it just keeps trying. I let it sit there for 30 min and it never completed. - Any one have a fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, naynay280

By "upload" are you meaning you are unable to create PDF output from RoboHelp?

Or do you mean:

* You are unable to import a PDF
* You are unable to get a .PDF to upload to a server during the process of publishing
* You are unable to add a .PDF to Baggage

Thanks... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I am unable to import a PDF document into an existing project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

So you mean you are clicking File > Import > PDF in order to pull that content into RoboHelp and create HTML topics from what was once PDF?

If so, are you receiving any error message? What happens when you try? Is the PDF maybe password protected?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is exactly what I'm doing. No the PDF is not password protected. No I am not receiving any error message, it just runs for over 30 minutes and never completed the import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try another PDF to see if the problem is general or related to this PDF.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to finally get one to import, but it took over 30 minutes. Any idea's why it is so slow to import? It take this long on all PDF's, even very small ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your project and the PDF are on your local drive?

Not sure what to suggest. Anyone else got any ideas?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes they are both on my local drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have uninstalled and re-installed the software again. I was able to import a pdf (test 164K file) into a test project as individual topics and into your project as a combined topic. So, 1-importing works, 2-your project is ok.

I’m not sure if this is normal or abnormal behavior but here is what I have found.

It did take about 30 seconds for it to process that file. So a file that is 200 times its size as the one you were trying to import could reasonably be estimated to take 6000 seconds (1 hour and 40 minutes).

I noticed that the Robohelp program was grabbing a decent amount of memory during the import (about 88MB) but it was only hitting the processor for about 4%. I have tried this with the native affinity hitting both cores on the processor and running it through one core solely and the other with no improvements.

Anyone have any clue if this is normal or not?

Jeanne'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp