Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024 Adobe Target Community Mentorship Program are open! Click to the right to learn more about participating as either an Aspirant, to professionally level up with a new Certification, or as a Mentor, to share your Adobe Target expertise and inspire through your leadership! Submit your application today.
SOLVED

Visual Experience Composer does not render our site correctly

Level 2

I am trying to create a new experience using the visual experience composer in Target Standard and am not able to do so due to the VEC not rendering our test site. I have attached what I am seeing as well as what the web site is suppose to look like.

I did make sure I enabled mixed content in Firefox. I tried Firefox in Windows and Mac and neither worked. I cannot even get it to run in Chrome so I have not tried it there.

Any guidance on how to get this working would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

It looks like the Enhanced Experience Composer in Target Standard isn't loading your css files correctly.  Do you have the mbox.js code on this page? If you do, can you try disabling the Enhanced Experience Composer?  You can do that under Setup->Preferences in Target Standard.

We'll look into why your css files aren't loading up correctly and try to fix that on our side as well.

Thanks,
Kimen Warner, Target product management

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 8

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in responding. Have you followed the best practices as listed here. Also have you followed the troubleshooting steps as listed here?

Thanks
Nikhil

Correct answer by
Employee

It looks like the Enhanced Experience Composer in Target Standard isn't loading your css files correctly.  Do you have the mbox.js code on this page? If you do, can you try disabling the Enhanced Experience Composer?  You can do that under Setup->Preferences in Target Standard.

We'll look into why your css files aren't loading up correctly and try to fix that on our side as well.

Thanks,
Kimen Warner, Target product management

Level 2

I did take a look at both documents. There are no tables used for layouts ( there is only 1 table tag in the entire page ) and there is only 1 iframe listed on the page, but its not a major element. I checked the two links and do not see anything listed there that our site matches so I am not sure what is going on. Our marketing team would really like to use this, but at its current state, it is not usable.

Level 2

What is the URL of the page you are looking to change?      

Level 2

Kimen, what you suggested is correct. The "Enable Enhanced Experience Composer" was checked and when I unchecked it, it worked. The customer care rep that got involved yesterday mentioned it was causing some rendering problems. That seemed to fix the problem and now the site is rendering properly and I am able to modify it.

I appreciate everyone's help with this. Now to get to work.