• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smaller default window size in WebHelp?

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I set a smaller size, specific screen location for the display of WebHelp?

I'm thinking no, because WebHelp is an HTML thing, and web pages display in web browsers unless you attach some JavaScript to the URL to define window location and size.

Am I right?

-- David (who attempts to help student learn Robo 7 at a community college)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David

The answer is a definite yes and no.

If you are using RoboHelp combined with RoboHelp Server, you are able to specify a window and its attributes. But if you are using regular RoboHelp with basic WebHelp or FlashHelp output, you are limited to what the browser offers.

One could certainly script things to reposition and resize the browser window, but unless you are opening from another link and using JavaScript, you can't banish any of the browser chrome.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2008 Sep 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that we cannot fix the window position when the online help system is launched? I am using RoboHelp 7 with WebHelp as my primary layout. The browser launches in the exact position where a previous opened browser window existed. I seem to have no control over how or where the online help system launches.

I would like to be able to define a size and location. Is that possible without using RoboHelp Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2008 Sep 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can put the overall pane in any place and any size you want from the launching page/application link. For example, suppose you had a link from a web page that you are launching your help defined as: <a href="./help/index.htm" target="helpwin" onclick="window.open('./help/index.html','helpwin','height=300,width=600,toolbar=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no'); return false;">Launch Product Help</a>

You get the idea. As for setting the divider btw the navigation and content, that I don't know. I'm pretty new to Robohelp, but when I get to customizing the look and feel, I'll update this if I find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works perfectly! Thanks for a useful tip, Katie!
quote:

As for setting the divider btw the navigation and content
I guess it may be something connected with the frames setup somewhere in the RoboHelp project files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 29, 2008 Sep 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

If you pop over to my web site at ( This link right here ) you may download a copy of my Skinny on Skins file. This file documents many different ways to tweak WebHelp output to do different things.

I believe configuring the width of the navigation frame split is one of the things that have been documented.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2008 Sep 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Captiv8r! I could change the size of the TOC navigation pane using your Skinny on Skins. Highly recommended! :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I hoped to download this old file, but there seems to be a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen the problem when you visit and will alert Rick. Close the page in the browser and then click the link above again. This time it will take you to Rick's site without that alert.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a direct link to the page you want. RoboWizard

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ahhh what may be happening is that I installed an alert that pops up over the net neutrality thing. I should revert that and remove the alert. Sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2008 Oct 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captiv8r, Congratulations! Realy good work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp