• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's a good but not too expensive PC laptop that can handle premiere?

New Here ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to buy a new pc laptop that can handle premiere, I'm just starting out so I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money but at the same time I don't wanna buy a cheap piece of junk, any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the amount you are willing to spend?

What type of media will you be editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ideally I'd like to spend around 1000€/$, and I'll be editing short videos for web purposes so I don't need a beast but my current laptop which is a crappy Lenovo with only 8gb of ram can't handle premiere even basic operations just make the whole thing freeze up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this laptop in the UK that has a great 4-core 8-thread CPU with 16 GB of RAM, a GTX 1060 GPU, a small 128 GB SSD, a 1 TB Hard Drive (which they do not specify the speed so we have to assume it is only rather useless 5400 rpm drive) and a full HD 15.6 inch display.  What you can do is just use that hard drive for archiving/backup of projects but also buy yourself a Samsung T3 portable USB3 SSD and use it for your projects and media like I do on my 3-year old laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

eBay is a useful tool for homing in on a laptop.  You can use its many filters to cut the choice down from many thousands to a more manageable number to do your detailed research on.  My laptop is a few years old now, and I paid quite a lot more than a $1000 for it, but it still runs all the CC apps comfortably.  I concentrated on gaming laptops, because they seem to offer good value and have features that lend themselves to graphic and video work.

PC Laptops & Netbooks | eBay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines