Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help becomes inaccessible

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having a problem where I can't access the opened help window after opening a second dialog window. Let me try to explain.

When I open a dialog in my application (written in C++) and click the Help button, the help launches correctly. When I open a second dialog in my application and try to access the same help window that's already been opened, I can't. It remains in the background and is inaccessible.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I'd appreciate any help because this is a showstopper for my company and they are considering just scraping RoboHelp altogether if this doesn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So they've tested this isn't an issue with other HATs?

Take a look at Calling WebHelp on my site. There is some information on this issue there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

No, nobody at my company has tested this specific problem with other HATs. It's unfortunate that we are not going to see this through, especially after all the work I put into it.

Yes, I did have the programmers look at your site (nice site, btw!), but they said it's not what they're looking for. They want to be able to call the help, show the help, have the user go back and forth between previously viewed pages and have the help always in the foreground (sigh!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It's a C++ issue. Your app "remembers" the instance that is still open, thus your "problem." Need to call a new instance from the app. This could also call a new tab to display the topic.

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that is down to them rather than the help tool. You'll find out after you have tried a few more HATs.

Look forward to seeing you back here. :-)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp