Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How could I change the favicon?

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2008 Sep 19, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
When we open our RoboHelp Online Help, a favicon displays in the address bar and in the window title. We would like to customize it to display the logo of our company. Is this possible?
We have tried Google chrome browser and realized that the Toc and all the left pan did not display properly (the left pan was blank). Is there a solution?
Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cant you just drop a 16x16px (16 color) icon called favicon.ico into the root folder of your help just like you would in a normal website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already done, this is not working. I think you have to change it before the built, for the moment I changed it in the SSL folder and rebuilt the Help, the matter is this favicon only displays when it is put on the website, I have to wait to see the result. I will tell you if it works, meanwhile if you have a better solution, I am interested in.

And for the display in Google Chrome browser, has somebody noticed the same issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using RH7, the solution for Chrome is on my site under Snippets.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
i looked in the folder and the favicon file that it uses is "wf_favicon.ico" i created an icon file with out logo and replaced it. now the favicon does not work anymore. any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp