• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't cancel out generating of help project

Contributor ,
Apr 16, 2008 Apr 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to cancel the generation of my RH7 FlashHelp project, nothing happens. Although the cancellation action appears in the Output View pane, the generation window remains on top. Each time I click Cancel it is reflected in the Output View pane but the generation window still stays on top.

Have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to access the Task Manager and end the task for RoboHelp project.

We have a rather large project 900+ topics and when this happens, it takes about 5-10 minutes for the project to reopen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect this is PC related. With a FlashHelp project that size I'd expect the generation to be pretty memory intensive. Have you considered splitting the project up and merging them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have mentioned that it happens when I try to cancel out of a project with only about 40 topics. So I don't think it is size specific. It is just more annoying when it happens on the larger project.

Same problem happens on my PC as well as on my associate's who also works on the same help projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2008 Apr 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it is not limited to one project or one PC. Is it all projects that have this problem or just some? Do the projects that choke have anything different about them from other FlashHelp projects? Does the Output View give any clues as to what is choking the generation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Nothing unusual. On the smaller project, the cancel does work on occassion but not all the time. Will have watch the Output View in the larger project to see if there is place that stalls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Paula and Colum

Paula, I believe the reason you are seeing what you probably feel is sporadic or intermittent behavior with this is because RoboHelp seems to handle interpreting the pause button in "stages". This means that it appears to perform one action across all the files, check for a pause, perform another action, etc. So if it's in the middle of one of those long actions, clicking the pause won't result in an immediate action. RoboHelp has to finish whatever it was doing at the time and this can often take a while.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp