Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What's the difference between the search revenue model and the retail revenue model, and when should I use each?

Employee

What's the difference between the search revenue model and the retail revenue model, and when should I use each?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

NOTE:  Search and retail revenue models are applicable to search bid units only; display and social bid units use separate revenue models (one per channel).

AdLens generates revenue models for each bid unit in a portfolio and uses them to optimize bids. By default, we generate search revenue mode. If your account structure and portfolios use a retail business configuration (that is, if each campaign represents a different vertical and you use one portfolio per product/service), contact your account manager to implement retail revenue models instead.

For either type of implementation, when a bid unit hasn't received any revenue, its revenue model is based on revenue trends for the advertiser's other, similar bid units, which may have received revenue. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

NOTE:  Search and retail revenue models are applicable to search bid units only; display and social bid units use separate revenue models (one per channel).

AdLens generates revenue models for each bid unit in a portfolio and uses them to optimize bids. By default, we generate search revenue mode. If your account structure and portfolios use a retail business configuration (that is, if each campaign represents a different vertical and you use one portfolio per product/service), contact your account manager to implement retail revenue models instead.

For either type of implementation, when a bid unit hasn't received any revenue, its revenue model is based on revenue trends for the advertiser's other, similar bid units, which may have received revenue.