Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table Formatting

Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Insert-Tables menu option, I see a variety of "canned" format styles. Can I add MY format to this list, or can I change an existing one to my format? If not, how do I change a CSS to give me the exact table format I want ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Peter Grainge's site for info on adding your own table templates to the Gallery.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used your advice on creating a new *.htmtable file - great. 90% of what I want to achieve. However, I want a 2-column table, both table and cell borders defined, and shading in the 'title' row. This doens't appear to be do-able. At least with the new HTMTABLE file, I'm saved a few formatting steps. Thanks for your help.I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

One possibility is to employ a trick I used to use. Just create a topic containing the table as you wish to see it. Then any time you need that type of table, you edit that topic and copy the table. You then paste the table into the topic where you want it and off you go.

Just thinking out loud... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Why isn't it doable? One of our templates has "both table and cell borders defined, and shading in the 'title' row," and we select how many rows and columns we need in the Insert Table dialog. However, we also need to use a character style for the fonts within (TableHead, TableRow).

Hint: we named our templates with leading numbers and our acronym (1XXX_Header, 1XXX_NoHead, 2XXX_Blank), so that they always appear at the top of the list in the Formats pane. You can assume the first has the shaded head row, the second does not, and the third has no headings or borders at all.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or to add to Rick's suggestion, when you have your table formatted as you want it, select it, go into the truecode, copy the HTML, paste it into a Notepad file which you save to your desktop. Then you just copy the HTML into the truecode where you want the table to appear. Use whichever is easier for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp