Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen tips?

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2006 Sep 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm trying to put screen tips in my topics which appear when the mouse rolls over the text. I can see how to do this when a hyperlink is being inserted. However how can I put a screen tip in, which will appear when the mouse rools over it, WITHOUT having to insert a hyperlink?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2006 Sep 15, 2006
You got it. There is nothing in RH, or I suspect any other HAT (help authoring tool) that automatically does it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See snippet 30 on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice.

I'm a new RH user. So am I correct in understanding that I'd need to manually plug the below text into my code, rather than using some button or command in RH?

<P><acronym title="Your tooltip">Your paragraph of text.</acronym></p>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You got it. There is nothing in RH, or I suspect any other HAT (help authoring tool) that automatically does it.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question regarding the length of time a screen tip appears. I use screen tips quite a lot, especially in connection with a hyperlink to another help screen. However, the program doesn't appear to allow enough time for the user to read the screen tip - it only appears for a few seconds and then it's gone. Is there a way for me to reset the length of time that the screen tip will display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Oct 02, 2008 Oct 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Welcome to our community, Regina

Unfortunately, the time is determined by browser elements. As such, you really have no control over them.

You may wish to investigate using something like overLIB.

Click here to visit the overLIB site

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp