Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Changing User Identity Type - Username isn't valid

Level 1

I've been trying to get my users changed from Adobe ID to Federated ID. I've got Single Sign-On set up and working. I can add new users from Active Directory, and they can sign in just fine using domain credentials. However, I can't change existing users to Federated ID. 

I've followed the directions at https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/help/identity.html but I get an error... "Username isn't valid - check User Login Setting for this domain on the Identity tab". 

There isn't a "User Login Setting" that I can find anywhere.

The directions are also unclear about how to edit the csv file. I've tried adding the columns for New Identity Type, etc, but that doesn't work (no errors, but no change either). When I just edit the Identity Type and Domain to match the new Federated ID users, I get the error above. 

I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Greetings! You need to change the user in the Marketing Cloud first by going to aedash.adobe.com or Admin Console and then changing that user. Here is the catch you cannot change it on the user you are logged in on so you need to either have someone else do it or a secondary account. If you have trouble reply back to this post or get in touch with the Admin here and let them know you need our assistance and we would be happy to have a call with you to fix this really quick.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Greetings! You need to change the user in the Marketing Cloud first by going to aedash.adobe.com or Admin Console and then changing that user. Here is the catch you cannot change it on the user you are logged in on so you need to either have someone else do it or a secondary account. If you have trouble reply back to this post or get in touch with the Admin here and let them know you need our assistance and we would be happy to have a call with you to fix this really quick.

Level 1

I have been using the Admin Console when trying to do this. I'm not logged in as the user I'm trying to change.

Also, I believe you are the same person who is helping me now through a support ticket, so feel free to remove this thread. Thanks.

Employee

I should be :) talk to you soon.

Level 1

What was the solution here? I'm having the same exact issue.

Level 10

Kenelson​ - Can you share your solution here?