Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

AEM Forms 6.0 on JEE & LDAP sync

Level 4

Hi

I'm a LiveCycle ES developer and new to AEM/AEM Forms and I have a problem:

After the installation of AEM Forms 6.0 on JEE, this installs an 'old' Livecycle installation on JBOSS and an AEM installation on the same JBOSS, I noticed these two (LC and AEM) are interconnected, wich is also as I expected.
After the installation I configured an LDAP connection on LC side. LC syncs all users and groups from the LDAP. 
On LC side, user details are retrieved from the LDAP and are visible in LC User managemen. But on AEM side, nothing is retrieved, all fields are empty.

My question now is how can I add one of these LDAP users to AEM user-groups, becuase when I want to edit such a user on AEM, the fields ID and Password are required.

Shouldn't these user details get retrieved from the LDAP as well, just like on LC side? Or does anybody have an idea on how to get these user details automatically filled out on AEM side?

I have some screenshots attached.

Thanks in advance

Ronny

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

LDAP user would appear in AEM only after user has logged in once into AEM. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

LDAP user would appear in AEM only after user has logged in once into AEM. 

Level 4

Hi,

Yes, I know users only appear in AEM after the first login. But what I mean is that if the first login has been done and the user appears in AEM, all fields with the user details are blank, I would think they should bee filled with LDAP parameters, no?

As you can see in the screenshots.

regards

Ronny

Level 4

Another question I have:

Is it possible to have AEM sync all users from LDAP at once? Instead of only having them appear after a first login?

This would be a hell of a lot easier to group users in groups and give them rights and roles in AEM

Level 7

We had issues way back with the Granite useradmin pages. Can you access the old useradmin screen using http://vsrvaemt01:8080/lc/useradmin?