Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hosting and Streaming Presenter Shows

Oct 03, 2008 Oct 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I publish a Presenter Show - I am left with a huge folder that contains many swf files, etc. Is there any way or any service available that would aloow me to UPLOAD the show to the internet and then allow the public to view it. I know this can be done in CONNECT but this option is too expensive for me. I don't have IT Knowledge so I cant or dont know how to embed in a web page. So I am looking for some simple and cost effective way to 'upload' store and stream and share my show with others. Do You Have IDEAS????
TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2008 Oct 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of web-hosting do you have? If its something you have bought, then the service provider would have given you ftp details to put contents in your web-space. Put this folder as it is under some convenient place in your web space. Then direct your browser to the uploaded folder. You should be able to see the content as you would do locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2008 Oct 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Catholicon - thank you for your replying. I was hoping there was some web hosting service that would enable me to do what you have suggested. Rather than me doing that to my own site. Sort of a monthly/yearly hosting service where I could just upload the Presenter project and direct the public to it via a URL. is there just a service I could subscribe to? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2010 May 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

once you post it to the ftp, what file in the folder do you direct the user to? The AICC? What's the best method to publish the presentation if you're going to post it to the web?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 21, 2010 Sep 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please explain exactly what files to point to?  I have uploaded my files to my server and still cannot get my presentation to play.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 22, 2010 Sep 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sweetpbh,

Can you provide more information about what you're experiencing?  "Cannot get my presentation to play" is pretty vague....Assuming that you've correctly linked to the presentation stored on your web host provider, is the problem such that the Adobe Presenter preloader just sits and "hangs" on the opening screen?

Is the problem such that no content displays at all?

Is the problem such that when clicking a link, you get a "page not found" error?

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 24, 2010 Sep 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rob,

Thx for the response.  I hope you can help me.

I published my presenter/ppt file locally to my machine.  I have a wordpress website with my own hosting on hostgator and I uploaded the entire folder to a space on wordpress. (example:  http://www.mywebsite.com/Projects/Video/index.htm)

1)  First I tried to place the url pointing to index.htm into an iframe on a page in wordpress.  When the iframe appears, it shows the homepage of my website and NOT the adobe presenter presentation.

2)  Next I tried to simply place a hyperlink on a page pointing to the url (index.htm) of the presentation.  When this is clicked, again it brings up the homepage of my website.

The question is, how do I correctly store and link the presentation on my own (wordpress) hosted website?  I'd like to stream this myself without using the adobe connect pro.

Thanks!

~P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2008 Oct 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go to hosting services like godaddy.com and hostmysite.com and get a basic plan to host your presentation, but if you want to track how many people seen your presentation and how many people taken the quiz than you will need to integrate with an LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2008 Oct 20, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources