Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Display default value of Dropbox

Level 2

Hi, 

I have an adaptive form which I am pre-filling with some data from the currently logged in user. I also have a bunch of drop downs distributed among some child panels of the form. These should show their default value "Please Select" when the form is initialised. In order to do that, I needed to add this value to the prefill.jsp so that the drop downs are pre-filled. 

But the drop downs are on child panels which are  dynamically hidden/shown and when I generate a default DoR it 'detects' the value "Please Select" and adds it and the entire child panel to the DoR.

Is there a way to exclude them from the DoR when they are on a hidden panel and also have them show the default text?

Any help is very appreciated. Thanks, Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Alex,

This was a bug in 6.1 Feature Pack 1 and it recently got fixed.

Thanks,

Rishi

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee

You can enable the "Exclude fields from DoR If hidden"property at the form level to exclude all the hidden fields from DOR.

Correct answer by
Level 3

Hi Alex,

This was a bug in 6.1 Feature Pack 1 and it recently got fixed.

Thanks,

Rishi

Level 2

Hi Rishi, 

Thanks for the update!

Was this fixed as a hotfix or will this be in 6.2?

Thanks, Alex

Level 2

This will be available in 6.2 as well as 6.1 FP1 hotfix.

About default value for drop down, you can use placeholder text to display default text.

Thanks,

Sachin