Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Analytics tags vs. Omniture

Level 1

Hi, 

In the time of AdWards camapign, client switched from Analytics to Omniture. we didn't manage to change url :/      

Does Omniture recognize Analytics tagging? 

Regards,

Piotr

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Piotr

It would depend on what is in your Paid Search Detection rules. If your paid search detection was set up to recognize a specific query parameter then it would have passed into the "Paid" report. If the search detection rules do not match the AdWord rules you are looking for, it would be in the natural report. If Adobe Analytics wasn't implemented on the website at the time and only GA coding was present, the data wouldn't be in the report. Paid Search Detection can be checked by going to Admin > Report Suites > select the report suite in question > Edit Settings > Paid Search Detection.

One thing you can do is pull a Data Warehouse report with 'referrer'. This will give you the full query string regardless of which report it was in for Analytics. If you know which query parameter you are looking for you could create a segment to look for specific referrer values. This will help you validate what is in the paid search detection report. For example: if my AdWord query parameter is 'qadword=' I would look for '?qadword=' in the referrer. 

For more information on Paid Search Detection check out this article: adobe.ly/1TDnKUu

-Tacia

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi There,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

Apologies but not sure whether I understand your query correctly. Are you referring to Google Analytics tags?

Thanks!

Level 1

Hi,

Yes, I meant Google Analytics. Sorry for not being precise.

Level 10

Thank you for reverting on this.

As per my knowledge it can collect the data but the GA tags would not work with Adobe Analytics.

Thanks!

Level 1

thanks!

So maybe You can help me with tracking data form AdWords campaign?

There is report called traffic source: Search Engines - Paid 

Can You tell me which of below might refer to AdWords, unspecified or Google-Poland?

1. Unspecified 2,72985.1%19,25684.6%

2. Google - Poland 46714.6%3,11513.7%

3. Google 792.5%3841.7%

4. Google - Canada 10.0%100.0%

5. Google - United Kingdom 10.0%80.0

Level 10

Hi,

thank you for your note.

I would request you to breakdown the unspecified report by referring domain and see if you get Adwords data there.

Thanks!

Level 1

Hi,

this is what I got. 

should I assume that traffic from google.pl is AdWords?

One more question do You have any contact to person who could arrange training for media agency? 

Search Engines - Paid by Original Referring Domains            
Visits

Unique Visitors 

Page Views 

Bounce Rate 

1.Unspecified 4,716 3,428 33,522 24.99%

1.google.pl 2,53753.8%1,82353.2%18,79556.1%21.73%

2.Typed/Bookmarked 1,58133.5%1,17134.2%11,22733.5%27.07%

3.google.com 2044.3%1414.1%1,2103.6%32.99%

4.bing.com 911.9%682.0%6992.1%23.08%

5.nerf.pl 761.6%431.3%4281.3%28.38%

6.facebook.com 

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Piotr

It would depend on what is in your Paid Search Detection rules. If your paid search detection was set up to recognize a specific query parameter then it would have passed into the "Paid" report. If the search detection rules do not match the AdWord rules you are looking for, it would be in the natural report. If Adobe Analytics wasn't implemented on the website at the time and only GA coding was present, the data wouldn't be in the report. Paid Search Detection can be checked by going to Admin > Report Suites > select the report suite in question > Edit Settings > Paid Search Detection.

One thing you can do is pull a Data Warehouse report with 'referrer'. This will give you the full query string regardless of which report it was in for Analytics. If you know which query parameter you are looking for you could create a segment to look for specific referrer values. This will help you validate what is in the paid search detection report. For example: if my AdWord query parameter is 'qadword=' I would look for '?qadword=' in the referrer. 

For more information on Paid Search Detection check out this article: adobe.ly/1TDnKUu

-Tacia