• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen tip text not showing in Firefox (RH7 webhelp)

Oct 05, 2008 Oct 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to include screen tip text over some images. This displays OK in IE7, but not in Firefox 3.0.2.

Any ideas how to fix this please? Is there something I'm not doing right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 06, 2008 Oct 06, 2008
Hello Peter and Rick,

Thanks for your help.

Copying the ALT tag and making a TITLE tag fixed the problem. I posted a BUG note - thanks for the link. (I'm not sure I understand how to use the Snippet about Acronym tags; and this seems to apply to blocks of text.)

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in Snippets on my site. As far as I know, that method works in FF too.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter

Are you referring to your Acronym tag bit?

Phillip, I believe that Firefox requires an additional tag for images. From what I'm seeing, Internet Explorer presents the tooltip because the ALT tag is inserted when you complete the field. But Firefox seems to ignore these for images. Instead, it likes to see a TITLE tag. I think RoboHelp used to insert both when you elected to complete the field for images.

The fix involves hand editing the HTML code to duplicate the information in the ALT tag so it also appears in a TITLE tag. The nice thing here is that the RoboHelp HTML editor does seem to leave the changes alone and doesn't undo them when you generate.

Or you could probably also surround the IMG tag with the Acronym tag if that's what Peter meant.

Oh, and you (and others) should strongly consider reporting the issue to Adobe so they might factor the TITLE tag into future releases of RoboHelp.

Click here to view the WishForm/Bug Reporting Form

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the one I meant.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 06, 2008 Oct 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello Peter and Rick,

Thanks for your help.

Copying the ALT tag and making a TITLE tag fixed the problem. I posted a BUG note - thanks for the link. (I'm not sure I understand how to use the Snippet about Acronym tags; and this seems to apply to blocks of text.)

Philip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp