Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade 5 to 7

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys 😉

I just bought robohelp 7 with the technical communication suite.
now, after installing, it ask for a serial number. i've no serial for robohelp(!)?
the only serial i have is that for the suite and my old robohelp - serial wich contains letters.

every other included program works well, but robo help asks for an additional serial, everytime :[
is this a bug ? should i dont deinstall robohelp 5 ? is the phonesupport a chance ?

sry for bad english. im an creepy german ;]
greez and thanks
norman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum

Don't worry about your English, as long as you guys keep producing decent cars!

I am not clear whether or not you did uninstall X5. Uninstalling is necessary as you only bought the upgrade. The procedure should have been to put in the TCS number during the install and later in the procedure you get asked for the old version number. The serial number should start RH.

Post back if still in trouble.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your aswer:)

I uninstalled robohelp5 and installed the suite(with robohelp7 ).
After some starts and screaming because i cant work with robohelp(^^)
i decide to "test" the software. now, every start there is this form:

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/3isv-29-jpg.html

If I reinstall the suite, the same window appears.

I dont know, wich serial he wants. the suits number dont fit here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you translate what is on that screen please?

I suggest you start with the suite number and see if it rejects that. I think it will accept it and then ask for a qualifying number which will be your X5 number.

If that is not, then I think you will need to contact support.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Norman

Did you install RoboHelp 7 from your Technical Communication Suite DVD? If FrameMaker, Acrobat and Captivate are working fine, RoboHelp should not ask for a serial number. However, it seems from the screen shot that you have a version on the machine which is not installed from the Technical Communication Suite installer but from a separate RoboHelp 7 trial version.

Try launching your Suite installer through control panel - add/remove programs and run it in modify mode. Please see if it tells you "Already installed as point product" for RoboHelp, if it does, you need to un-install RoboHelp 7 trial version and install RoboHelp 7 from the suite installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've run into similar problems, all of which I fixed by first uninstalling, then using the Windows Uninstall utility (or something really close to that) to blow out anything remotely connected to TCS. After that, it seems to install properly.

Let me know if you need further clarification

-Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2008 Oct 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for share us the great Archive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp