Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Play Process Recording will not start

Level 3

For some processes and when it takes certain paths during recording I am not able to replay the recording. I bring up the "Play Process Recording" window, select the recording and hit OK. I then get a "Memory low" dialog (Happens all the time on our dev  Environment eventhough the playback  "Play Process Recordinggoes OK) and then nothing else happens. I can hit the OK button of "Play Process Recording" again with the same result. I have tried to restart the Workbench with no change. I see nothing in the jboss log for the "Invoke Process" or the recording playback. Any clues to what could cause this and how to fix or continue investigation?

8 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi Eric,

Please check workbench logs(will be under Workbench XX\.metadata) to see if something is being captured in the same while you are trying to play recording. 

In case of low memory you may bump up the memory parameter mentioned in Workbench.ini .  Please refer below document for help on workbench memory allocation .

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/11.0/WorkbenchHelp/WS92d06802c76abadb766bbee6128402890a9-8000....

Regards,

Mayank Gandhi

Level 3

I can't find the .metadata folder. Is it specific to Linux platform? I run Windows.

Level 3

I have faced similar issue. Delete existing recorded playbacks, that will free up the recordings memory. Bump the heap size in workbench.ini file. Then try recording. Are you accessing the server remotely or on site? I mean are you working from home?

Level 3

Hi,

I have deleted recordings with no effect. I have asked for upgrade of the heap. I'm working in the same office as the server, but running the Workbench via RDP since we have problems installing it on Windows 10.

Employee Advisor

You can refer below blog and the document earlier shared by me for bumping up the memory .

http://blogs.adobe.com/livecycle/2009/06/avoiding_outofmemoryexceptions.html

Note: Workbench uses 32bit JRE,Windows therefore only permit up to 1.2 GB of Java heap size for the same.

To reach to workbench logs go inside the folder where your project is being built.For ex : LiveCycle ES4 C:\Users\XYZ\Workbench 11 .Inside it you might find a metadata folder with a "log.txt".

Level 3

I know it sounds silly but have u right clicked on the application and then chose the option Start Recording? I mean, sometimes it doesn't get activated on the server end but shows the red dot against the process. I faced this quite a few times on my windows 10 machine. All I did was to delete the application from local, get application, delete cache by hitting the "trash can icon" after activating the show heap size option in the workbench. Then start recording for the whole application(start recording every process under the application). I am sure u did check this but sometimes I missed on the REST path that I was trying to record and then realized that the URL was incorrect. 

Level 3

I haven't explicitly checked for this but I have a recording that I select for replay.

Level 3

I know it sounds silly but have u right clicked on the application and then chose the option Start Recording? I mean, sometimes it doesn't get activated on the server end but shows the red dot against the process. I faced this quite a few times on my windows 10 machine. All I did was to delete the application from local, get application, delete cache by hitting the "trash can icon" after activating the show heap size option in the workbench. Then start recording for the whole application(start recording every process under the application). I am sure u did check this but sometimes I missed on the REST path that I was trying to record and then realized that the URL was incorrect.