7 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2010 1:46 PM by freddie fx RSS

Flash support?

chris georgenes CommunityMVP
      Ok - the only way i seem to be able to actually use a downloaded ASE file from Kuler is to
      launch AI
      Open Swatch Panel
      Open Swatch Library...
      Other Library...
      Locate ASE file from Kuler
      A new swatch panel opens up in AI with the Kuler colors but there's no option to export this to a
      file of any kind (nevermind a pallette format for flash).

So then I realize after playing around that I need to click on each swatch to add it to my main
      Swatch panel.
      next I need to export that as an AI.
      Then from Flash Import the AI.
      Wow (whew!) That's quite a few hoops.
      Anyone found a better way?
        • 1. Re: Flash support?
          Sami@Adobe Community Member
          Hi Chris,
          Thanks for the post. Currently there isn't an easier way to pull kuler colors into Flash, however, we are always looking for ways to improve functionality. :)
          Sami
          • 2. Re: Flash support?
            chris georgenes CommunityMVP
            Hi Sami,
            thanks for the reply.
            it would be cool if Kuler could export to say *.clr format or something flash supports. Right now, Kuler is not something I can consider a daily tool simply because the process of using the colors I would mix is too complicated and time consuming - but if Kuler was integrated more with the Adobe suite of tools, then i would use it all the time.
            I find the Flash color Mixer is so tiny it is almost unusable - Kuler has a great interface and is all-around fun to use. I would love to use it more but hard to justify using downloaded themes if they cant really be imported or opened in Flash.

Thanks for listening.
            -chris
            • 3. Re: Flash support?
              michael northcutt Community Member
              I agree. It would be great to just be able to download a .clr file... or better yet, make the next version of Flash capable of "adding" .ase files.
              • 4. Re: Flash support?
                Sami@Adobe Community Member
                Hi Michael,
                Ask and ye shall receive. Flash CS4 has a Kuler panel, which lets you pull Kuler ASE files directly into your Swatches panel as a theme. It's a little hidden, under Windows > Extensions > Kuler.

You can also find Kuler panels in Photoshop CS4, Illustrator CS4, InDesign CS4, and Fireworks CS4, in other languages as well. Look under Windows > Extensions > Kuler.

Sami
                • 5. Re: Flash support?
                  elmlish

This is great if you only want to deal with up to 5 colors at a time. For anything larger, kuler is useless and arbitrarily limiting. Why not just allow all CS4 apps to support the same color swatch formats?

• 6. Re: Flash support?
                    FlashOptometrist Community Member

And I thought it was me being stupid.............. ah to see Chris Georgenes having the same problem makes me feel soooooooooo much better

• 7. Re: Flash support?
                      freddie fx

i agree..kuler should be integrated as a panel in every adobe product that deals with color. Combinations should be quietly stored and shared between applications without annoyng open/save dialogs...

Freddie

www.techjam.it

www.lavoroamilano.com