• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print icon on Help topics

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2008 Mar 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember in Word Help I could place an icon of a printer to allow a user to click once to print the topic being viewed. Is this possible in Web Help? Should I be able to modify the main window template somewhere on the Properties tab? As an interim answer, I told the client to right-click on the topic and select print. Now client wants to be able to right-click on book in TOC and select print to print entire book of topics. Is that possible? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2008 Mar 21, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi carolc7558

I think your best bet for this is to create multiple .PDF files and insert them as Baggage. Then provide a topic (or topics) that allow printing. There is a way to place a "Print Topic" button in the WebHelp toolbar. I believe I've documented it in my Skinny on Skins file (downloaded from my RoboWizard site). Not sure, but I also believe that Adobe may have an article on this in the Knowledge Base. Lemme go look and see... Hmmm, poked around but found nothing. Grrrr, I know it was once there.

Hope this helps... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2008 Mar 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can right-click and select Print, but you can also add a print button. I have added this to one of our topic templates, but you can copy and paste this manually within the topic, immediately after the topic heading, in the WYSIWYG view (when you click the TrueCode tab). Doing this in the source code view ensures that you're placing the code after the topic heading:

<input type=image value=Print onclick="window.print();return false"
/
name=olh-print.gif
src="olh-print.gif"
style="width: 16px; height: 16px;">

In this code example, the print icon we use is called olh-print.gif. So, when you add your print icon to your project, you will specify the icon name as we have done in this example.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2008 Oct 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
LuckyClover:

I came across your posting about adding a Print button to a Webhelp Toolbar yesterday. I have a couple questions I hope you can answer for me.

I tried adding the code snippet you provided to both a topic template and to a specific topic, without success. When I added it to a topic on the TrueCode tab and then clicked the WYSIWYG tab to look for the icon, I saw a placeholder and not the icon I'd selected (even after saving). When I then clicked the TrueCode tab again, the snippet I'd added seemed to be gone... only later did I see it farther down in the code. I didn't expect it to move.

After generating the help, the selected icon did display in the topic, but clicking on the icon in the topic had no effect.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

Lance Hall

quote:

Originally posted by: LuckyClover
Hi,

You can right-click and select Print, but you can also add a print button. I have added this to one of our topic templates, but you can copy and paste this manually within the topic, immediately after the topic heading, in the WYSIWYG view (when you click the TrueCode tab). Doing this in the source code view ensures that you're placing the code after the topic heading:

<input type=image value=Print onclick="window.print();return false"
/
name=olh-print.gif
src="olh-print.gif"
style="width: 16px; height: 16px;">

In this code example, the print icon we use is called olh-print.gif. So, when you add your print icon to your project, you will specify the icon name as we have done in this example.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp