Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Search&Promote design template configuration

Level 3

Hi Team,

I have a question in template(guided_xml.tmpl) configuration in Adobe Search & Promote.

This template basically is the structure of the response returned by the Search & Promote. Under the root node "pagination", page positions First,Last,Previous,Next,viewall can be configured. Can these values be configured in any language other than english?

The specific issue i am facing is, when the page position is configured in chinese language, Pagination object's hasPrevious() and hadNext() methods always returns "false", due to which the logic for displaying "Previous" and "Next" buttons is not working for this Search & Promote account.

Any inputs on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Update: Added more details

<page position="First"><![CDATA[<guided-page-path gsname="first" />]]></page> is the configuration in english.

Can the value for position be in any other language for example, traditional chinese?

<page position="页首"><![CDATA[<guided-page-path gsname="first" />]]></page>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Srikanth,

This configuration as per the scenario mentioned is possible. You'll need to reach out to the consulting team for more details on this. Please let me know in case of any other queries.

Thanks

Nikhil

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi Srikanth,

This configuration as per the scenario mentioned is possible. You'll need to reach out to the consulting team for more details on this. Please let me know in case of any other queries.

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 8

Let me look into this and revert.

Thanks
Nikhil

Level 3

Hi Nikhil,

Thanks for the information.

I see that in the Pagination class, the page position is hard-coded as "next" and "previous" in english in the hasNext() and hasPrevious() methods which means the page position has to be given in english in order to work as expected.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Level 8

Hi Srikanth,

As mentioned earlier the objective you're trying to achieve is possible hence requested you to reach out to our consulting team. Moreover the screenshot you attached indicates you've integrated AEM with SnP. This is why I requested you to get in touch with them. Please let me know in case you need help contacting them.

Thanks

Nikhil

Level 3

Hi Nikhil,

Please let me know the way to contact Adobe Consulting team to get more details on this.

Thanks

Regards

Srikanth

Level 8

Hi Srikanth,

Please reach out to your account manager and request for consulting hours.

Thanks

Nikhil