• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scan has colorprofile that does not resemble current workspace RGB . ???

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is there anyone that understands what is going wrong here?

Maybe I changed the settings, because when I try to open a scan in Photoshop like I used to, it says now:

" The document has a enclosed color profile that does not resemble with the current workspace RGB.

the profiles that do not resemble with the workspace, will be removed. " (it is in Dutch, I tried to translate it)

temporarily: Adobe RGB (1998).

Please please please let me know what to do, I have no idea what went wrong!!!

civ2017.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Hi change your Color Management Policies to Preserve Embedded Profiles (I am not sure what that is in Dutch)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are Photoshop’s Edit > Colour Settings?

Please set the Status Bar to Document Profile and post a screenshot of alert and of the image in Photoshop.

What are the scanning program’s settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2017 Jun 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schermafbeelding 2017-06-05 om 12.07.49.pngSchermafbeelding 2017-06-05 om 12.06.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi change your Color Management Policies to Preserve Embedded Profiles (I am not sure what that is in Dutch)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! It worked! Have a nice day :-)) You made my day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for answering. As you can see I posted the screenshots. I have no idea what the original settings may be. Or if these are the original settings..

Hope you can help me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots on this Forum directly:

insertImagePhotographIcon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My heart sinks every time I see "off" under color management policies. No wonder people get desperate when everything starts to display in a completely unpredictable manner.

This fundamental misunderstanding is all over the internet. Someone accidentally discovers that setting this to "off", they suddenly get consistency between Photoshop and some photo viewer that never even heard of color management - and immediately decide that Photoshop is "wrong" (!!!)

And so they decide to spread these happy news to the world, convinced they have "cracked" the nut. Why do so many trust a simple viewer over a professional-grade image editor? I have no idea.

What I would really wish, is that Adobe removed the "off" option altogether. It causes nothing but grief, and you have to be really knowledgeable about color management to work with this policy and not have it blow up in your face.

The problem, of course, is that Photoshop isn't designed to work this way. This is a whole ecosystem adapted to working in all kinds of color spaces. Color management in Photoshop can't be turned off. There's always a working space, and there's always a monitor profile. This conversion is always active in some form or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Someone accidentally discovers that setting this to "off", they suddenly get consistency between Photoshop and some photo viewer that never even heard of color management

A similar fallacy seems to motivate the »Photoshop’s View > 100% is wrong because the image is displayed at a different size in my browser«-posts …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines