• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No live update while scrubbing through image sequences (Live Update enabled)

Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title states, my comp window no longer updates as I scrub through the timeline even though Live Update is turned on. This happens only on image sequences. I can scrub through a video and it will update.

The only way for me to scrub through live is to first cache the sequence.  This used to not be the case before where I could scrub through image sequences without needing to cache.

Changing the quality from Full to Quarter doesn't make any difference, neither does switching to Fast Draft or Adaptive Resolution.

The current frame just remains frozen until I release the cursor at the new timeline location, at which point, the picture will update.

Details:

After Effects CC 2017.2 (14.2.0.198)

Intel Core i7 7700K, 64 GB RAM, GTX 1080 Ti, 300 GB Media Cache on separate SSD

Image sequence: 250 frame, 8-bit, 1080p TIFF sequence rendered out of 3ds max imported at 25 FPS into an 8 bpc project.

The frames are on an internal, SATA drive.

Edit: this seems to be the same issue as described here:

Live update broken

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

So I just took the drastic step of reinstalling After Effects completely and I have my scrubbing back to normal now.

I'll keep a close eye on what's going on if the problem occurs again. Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen in all projects or just one?

Have you restarted your computer since it happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm... I had edited my post to mention that I tried restarting my computer and I have updated to the latest video drivers. Doesn't seem to have updated the post though.

This randomly started occurring on a project I've been working on for a couple of weeks now, and it happens on every project now, including fresh projects with just the single image sequence imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried trashing your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that, and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just took the drastic step of reinstalling After Effects completely and I have my scrubbing back to normal now.

I'll keep a close eye on what's going on if the problem occurs again. Thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for letting us know what worked! Glad you're up and running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines