• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with my site

New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have two problems with my site Agnieszka Kilijanek-Cieślik  . Mayby someone could help? I have no idea how to fix it.

1. The page moves to the right. Ho can I change it?

2. Contact -> doesn't light up when i choose it

Could you help me to resolve these problems?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

To answer your first question, it is necessary to have a look at your .muse file, as I already wrote.

The answer to your second question "Contact doesn’t light up, when I choose it" is easier:

If your link to an anchor, browsers will try to scroll, until the anchor reaches the top left corner of your browser window. This is the reason, why anchors always should be placed at the left edge of your Muse page border. Otherwise, the page will shift left or right.

If your page is too short, it may happen

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume, theses issues are not difficult to solve. Would you mind to upload your .muse file to Dropbox or a similar file sharing service and post the download link here? Then we can have a closer look and don't need to guess what's going wrong here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your desktop version looks fine so far. Kontakt has a rollover effect as well.

Your mobile site is not finished yet, I assume?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kajac43073601  wrote

Hi, I have two problems with my site Agnieszka Kilijanek-Cieślik  . Mayby someone could help? I have no idea how to fix it.

1. The page moves to the right. Ho can I change it?

2. Contact -> doesn't light up when i choose it

Could you help me to resolve these problems?

1. is because your links point to the left side but the page design can be moved to the right

2. is because your site only allows for one screen size and people with smaller screens will run out of website before they can reach the contact link point

in simple terms you split your design into head and body but they don't sync up so on small screen most people can't click the contact link because its off screen and unreachable i.e, you designed this site for big desktop screens only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To answer your first question, it is necessary to have a look at your .muse file, as I already wrote.

The answer to your second question "Contact doesn’t light up, when I choose it" is easier:

If your link to an anchor, browsers will try to scroll, until the anchor reaches the top left corner of your browser window. This is the reason, why anchors always should be placed at the left edge of your Muse page border. Otherwise, the page will shift left or right.

If your page is too short, it may happen, that the end of the page reaches the browser window’s bottom, before the anchor can reach the top of your page. In this case, the linking element (the button "Contact" in your case) logically is not highlighted, because the respective anchor hasn’t reached its "activation point" – the top of the page.

There are two thinkable ways to solve this problem:

• Make your page longer.
  • Place the anchor at a position, which makes it possible, to reach the top of the browser window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines