• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Open a project from version 12 in version 14

Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a project in version 12, but I read that I can stabilize clips in version 13 and newer. So I downloaded a trial version of 14 and when I open the project I get the message that Adobe can't open because of an unknown error.

What can be wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guessing this is Elements.

Moved from Premiere Pro to Premiere Elements​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my books, I always recommend against opening a project created in an older version of the program with a newer version of the program.

It nearly always leads to  unexpected behavior -- and it can completely corrupt your project file!

But if you do decide to attempt it, make sure you keep a copy of your original project file, just in case.

In any event, you shouldn't get an unknown error. Are you opening the project using File/Open?

Also, where did you get a trial version of version 14? Version 15 is the current version available from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought 14 was the last version, now I downloaded version 15. I open the old project with File open, but I get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I said, the program isn't fully backward compatible, and I highly recommend against opening a project created in an older version with a newer version of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion it is strange that I can't choose if I want - apperently - lower quality. I even can't check if it is a lower quality. It is not a good invitation for me to try a newer version, I want to compare.

But okay, I tried stabilisation with version 15 with clips I used in version 12 and it is fine! So the next question is: can I edit the clips with the stabilisation of 15 and use the same clips in my project of version 12? If so, than it is not needed to do my whole project again and for the next project I can use version 15 of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will not, of course, be able to open a version 15 project in version 12.

However, you can output your stabilized video as an MP4 and import that into your version 12 project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course no version 15-project in 12, but maybe a conversion of the clips to 12?

What I want to do now is stabilizing all clips in 15, and importing in 12. But I don't know if I can save every clip in mp4? If so, than it can be a solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save every clip as mp4 but you have to export one at a time, by placing the work area bar over a clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ann, dat is Nederlands. 🙂

Wat bedoel jij precies met "by placing the work area bar over a clip"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question related to what I want to do:

Can I export a clip of a project to harddisk? I have edited the original clips in my project, but I want to save them one by one on disk. Than I can edit some more with version 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me where and how? 🙂   I can't find it.      "Export" in Files is grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you looking under the Publish & Share tab?

You can't output video using File/Export.

Premiere Elements 15, Basic Training Part 8 of 8 - Outputting Video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked there, but it is for the output of the whole film? I look for export of the clips one by one, because I edited all the clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dat bedoel ik met Work Area Bar.

Die moet je over een clip plaatsen en in de export settings aanvinken.

WAB.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dag Ann,

De Working Area Bar had ik inmiddels gevonden, die zit knap verstopt!

Ik heb het nu dus zo gedaan:

1.jpg

Ik heb wel gelezen over "Export" onder de tab "Bestand", maar die blijft bij mij grijs. Ik ben dus nu bezig met "Delen naar bestand":

2.jpg

Is dit de juiste manier?  Ik moet 115 clips doen, maar ik heb het er voor over, anders moet ik mijn hele project van versie 12 afbreken. Wel  versie 15 nu gekocht, maar dit klusje moet nog even geklaard worden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nu nog Alleen werkgebiedbalkdelen aanvinken.

Probeer eerst maar eens een paar clips.

Ik gebruik eigelijk geen Elements en die ik op de pc heb staan is de Engelse versie (15).

Dus ik weet ff niet wat Export onder tab Bestand is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On this moment I am saving the 115 clips. For so far many thanks Steve and Ann.

Steve, sorry for writing Dutch with Ann, sometimes it is easier. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To do that, you'll need to set the Work Area Bar over each short segment and then, on the Publish & Share tab, set each output to Output Work Area Bar Only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines